Whenever we are sad, happy, upset, angry or broken, all we need is a HUG. Why?? Why is Hug a sure shot solution for almost all problems? Be it kids, adults, oldies, pets or anyone, HUGS are for all. Be is a physical pain, emotional pain, loneliness or Love, Hugs fits in at every place.
Well, there are so many types of hugs, but medically, a proper deep hug where the hearts are pressed together is the best!
Interesting Facts about Hugs and Hugging
- 21 January is the day when the whole world celebrates an annual unofficial event named, Happy Hugging Day.
- It won’t be wrong is we say, that HUG stands for – Healing, Understanding and Gratitude.
- Autistic people hate being hugged or giving hugs.
- 8 Hugs a day provides a mental stability and 12 Hugs a day improves psychological development of a person. So what are you waiting for? Make sure you get 12 hugs a day!
- On an average, people spend one hour a month hugging! Shocked? That’s a fact.
- On an average, a hug is around 10 seconds long.
- A hug is equally beneficial for both, the one who is hugging you and the one who is being hugged due to the reciprocal nature of touch.
- A proper deep hug can end even the biggest fights with ease.
- A study shows that children who get less hugs, learn to walk and learn to speak late.
- A hug a day can improve any relationship by reducing the feeling of insecurity and strengthening trust.
Medical Facts about Hugs and Hugging
- Hugs reduces heart rate and lowers blood pressure.
- Hugs releases endorphins that are also known as feel good chemicals. Endorphins reduce tension and stress and calms you.
- Hugs boost Oxytocin levels, which reduces the feelings of Loneliness and Anger.
- 8 Hugs a day reduces the risk of Heart Diseases.
- A hug in bed can treat insomnia.
- Hugs stimulates Thymus gland, which balances the production of White Blood cells.
- Hugs boost the Immune system and strengthens it.
- Hugs releases the Dopamine also known as Pleasure hormone.
- Hugs are known as a miracle drug that can lesser any pain and make you feel better
Now, when you know Hugs are free, makes you healthier and strengthens your relationship, then it is time to get up at get a hug and ofcourse, Go and give Hugs to everyone you care for. Open your arms and hearts for your loved ones and gift them a healthier and happier life.