How to shed pregnancy weight?
Everyone wants to look fir and healthy. Everyone wish to look like those movie stars. Then why not mothers who have just given birth to a baby. It is obvious that every lady wants to shed her pregnancy weight and return to her previous good looks. But there is a huge difference when you have to just lose a weight and when you have to lose weight after pregnancy. Not only you will have to take care of that newborn, but also you will face many challenges in doing so.
Before telling you how to shed pregnancy weight there are some important things which you need to keep in mind.
There is no need to be in a hurry
You have gained the weight in 9 months, so it would take even more than that to lose it. There is no need to be in a hurry until and unless you are a movie star and you have pending shootings. If you are wondering how Beyoncé lost her weight so quickly, then it is necessary for you to know that they follow a very strict diet which affects them mentally and physically. So don’t be in a hurry.
Consult your Doctor
It is a very important step. For now your body has gone through so many changes it is very much necessary to consult a doctor about whether you should go for losing weight and when. Wait for your first post-natal checkup and after talking with your doctor you can go as prescribed by him.
Set small but realistic goals
You just can’t lose your weight overnight, which have put on in months. Also, it is not possible and not at all advised that you lose weight just by following a strict diet. NO. It’s not only about you now, your health is going to reflect on your baby as well. Since now you are breastfeeding, you must keep a check on what you are eating and what you are missing. Set small but realistic goals for weeks and months, and plan your way out in a healthy way.
Don’t get stressed and get some sound sleep
Many new responsibilities are on their way as you become a mother. You will get stressed. Also, you will be sleep-deprived in taking care of your baby. Try to get sleep when your baby is asleep and don’t get stressed. It is not happening with you only. Take short walks, read a book or magazine, listen to songs, take a hot bath and do meditation. Be patient that’s the key for now.
How should you start? What should you do to shed Pregnancy weight?
- Avoid Dieting: This is not a normal weight loss, so normal diet plans would not work. You have to feed your baby too, So don’t even think of dieting. Not only you need food to have strength, but also to breastfeed your baby you need a healthy diet. If you are really keen on dieting, then make sure you are having at-least 1800 calories per day. Make sure you eat lots of fruits, Vegetables and nutritious drinks like juices and coconut water.
- Start doing normal exercise: Do not start exercising, until and unless your doctor gives you a thumbs up. Once you get a thumbs up from your doctor, you are ready to go. Here are some exercises which you can do, to start with-
- Walking: It is simple and can be done at home. Start walking for small intervals and increase the duration of walking up to 15 minutes a day. Slowly and gradually you can increase your walk timings but make sure you don’t over stress yourself.
- Deep Breathing: Sit straight. Inhale air via diaphragm. Hold and contract your abs tightly while inhaling and relax while exhaling. You can increase the time of holding abs once you are doing it right.
- Lifts: There are various lifts which you can perform:
Lie on your back with your arms alongside. Now bend your knees with a flat foot. Relax your belly and inhale. Now as you exhale lift your head and neck off the ground. Inhale while coming back to the floor.
Once you can do 10 head lifts, try to lift your shoulder along with neck and head. You can use the support of your hand if you wish.
Always remember to exhale when you lift and inhale when you go down.
YOGA: Do not underestimate the power of yoga. Not only it will help you in shaping your body, but it will also give you peace of mind and a stress free day. You can do yoga asana as shown below.
- Prana flow
- Plank Vinyasa
- Locust Pose
- Pelvic Tilts
Breastfeeding: Although it is not scientifically proven by many doctors believes that breastfeeding do helps in losing weight as you burns up to 200 calories while feeding your baby. Now that’s simple.
- Eat healthy and eat three times a day: Yes, you read that right. You need to eat if you wish to lose weight. It sounds weird, but just try to eat healthy foods and you will raise that your body is coming into shape. You can follow the given diet.
- Eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can.
- Focus on fiber-rich foods like oats, gains seeds and beans.
- Eat foods which are rich in starch like bread, rice and pasta.
- For more detailed food plan you can follow the link
Click here to know your diet.
- Be happy: None of the above methods will work if you are not happy by heart. You are a mother now. Don’t run away from responsibilities and face them with full dedication and by heart.
Some tricks to lose pregnancy weight:
- Keep baby’s diaper at a good distance from you. If you are at downstairs, keep them at second floor.
- Keep a dog. Now you will have to talk him for a walk and indirectly you will also walk with him. Simple!
- Hire a personal trainer and be in a company with other new moms.
- Spend time with your baby. Play with him. Feed him. Take care of him. Always remember weight loss is second priority. You know the first one.
Becoming a mother is one of the best feeling for a lady. You can lose your weight whenever you want, but you will not get that opportunity to take care of what’s yours, your sweet little baby. Good luck momma.