Low Calorie Pasta Recipe
When you think of healthy food, a creamy bowl of pasta certainly does not feature on the list. The traditional pasta recipe is full of starch, cheese, and butter. Although tasty and smooth, the health conscious folk usually pass over this famous Italian dish. But with a little bit of innovation and effort, you can prepare healthy and flavourful pasta at home. Here’s how you can make a Low Calorie Pasta that is healthy too.
Step 1 -Use Whole Grain to Prepare Fresh Pasta
Dried and pre-packaged pasta sold in supermarkets is primarily made from Maida. Although you have the option to purchase whole-wheat pasta, it is not as readily available. However, if you can prepare fresh pasta at home, you have the choice to customize the ingredient as per your preference.
With KENT Noodle and Pasta Maker, you can quickly prepare fresh pasta and strands of spaghetti within minutes. Find below the ingredients you will need to make multigrain pasta dough
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup of Oat Flour
- 1-2 Tablespoon of Flaxseeds powder
- 2- Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2- eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Teaspoon of sugar
- Water as required.
Method to make whole grain Pasta
- Place the pasta machine on the kitchen counter. Now, press the button to open the lid of the main mixing compartment.
- The first ingredient that will go is the Wheat flour, followed by oat flour. After that add the remaining that includes- flaxseeds powder, olive oil, eggs, sugar, and salt.
- Close the lid and turn on the pasta machine. As the mixer starts churning the ingredients, start adding the water from the top to make a dough of the desired consistency.
- As soon as the dough is prepared, use any of the 6 shaping dies to get pasta in the desired shape.
- For a detailed use of the appliance, click here.
Step 2- Boil the Pasta
The next step involves boiling the pasta. Fill water in a pan and put it on the gas for boiling. Once the water starts rippling, add the fresh pasta and cover it with a lid. To prevent the pasta from sticking to one another add a little bit of oil in the boiling water.
Let the fresh pasta cook in the boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes. After than drain and water and collect the freshly cooked pasta in a strainer.
Step 3- Prepare the Pasta Sauce
The richness of pasta is determined by its sauce. There are two types of pasta sauce- White Sauce and Arrabbiata sauce. Of the two, white sauce is regarded very rich. For the calorie, conscious people here is a simple and quick way to prepare tangy and flavourful arrabbiata sauce –
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 2 –Teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- 1- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Chilli Flaxes
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
Method to make Pasta Sauce
- Place an open pan of wok on high flame. Once the pan is hot enough, turn the flame to medium.
- After that add the olive oil and immediately add the garlic. As soon as the garlic becomes aromatic, add the fresh tomato to the pan. Cover the pan with the lid and let it simmer.
- Keep stirring the tomatoes till they are completely cooked through.
- Now it’s time add the Italian seasoning, chili flaxes, ground pepper, and salt.
- Finally, add the freshly boiled pasta into the pan and give it a good toss.
Step 4 – Garnish
Once you transfer the pasta to a bowl, garnish the dish with low-fat cheese and basil levels. Serve the pasta while it’s still hot.
You can accompany this past dish with a glass of chardonnay. This easy to prepare and quick pasta recipe will healthily satiate your taste buds. You don’t have to worry about mounting unnecessary calories. All the ingredients used in this recipe are very nutritious. The oatmeal and flax seeds make the pasta very fibrous, whereas the tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin C, K, and folate.