Relationship Mistakes New couples Make
New relationships are full of excitement. It is full of fun, joy and everything feels so good. No doubt, that feeling of loving someone and getting loved by that same person is the best feeling in the world but, at the same time it is more prone to get affected by small mistakes. New couples tend to make many mistakes which can cost them breaking up the relationship. In this post, we are going to share 10 relationship mistakes new couples make.
• Taking things too fast: Everything seems like a fairy tale in new relationships. Most of the times, new couples start taking things way too fast. From first date to first make out everything happens in a week. New relationships should be taken slowly and step by step so that there should always be something left. If you are going to do everything in the first week of your relationship, there would be nothing left and soon you will start feeling boring and it will all end.
• Thinking too much about future: It’s just been a 15 days of a relationship and you are already thinking about marriage and name of your kids. This type of thinking will surely ruin the relationship. Don’t impose any kind of future planning on your partner. As, we said, you need to take things slowly. Wait for the relationship to get stable and worthy of discussing these sensitive topics.
• Being Inactive: If we are saying to take things slowly that doesn’t mean you should become inactive. The initial period of every relationship is very sensitive. Try to give more time to the relationship. Try to know more about your partner and his/her likes and dislikes. Don’t hang up on her/him, instead try to make him/her feel special. Work in the way that your partner feel good to invest his/her time in this relationship.
• Making it all public: This is one the most common relationship mistakes new couple make. They broadcast all the details of their relationship to each and every person in their friend circle. Telling about that you got a boyfriend and telling about that boyfriend loves to sleep naked are two different things. It is understood that you are excited and want to brag about it but, make sure you are not crossing the lines. Try to understand where you should stop and what all things should be made public and what should not be.
• Taking all the space: The most common problem among new relationships is a lack of space. You end up asking hundreds of questions about your partner’s whereabouts. You get over possessive and you start stalking your partner on social media. These relationship mistakes seem common thing but eventually affects the relationship.
• Getting hurt or fell out at small things: So, you had a small fight with your partner and now you are thinking to get over it by breaking up? A common relationship mistakes new couple make. Try to understand why it was working for such a long time. Instead of thinking of breaking up, think how you can make it up. Remember, a sorry won’t make you small or big and a simple sorry or apology can save a relationship. Don’t ever let your ego take over the love in your relationship.
• High expectations: It is a common saying that expectations hurt. Keep your expectations realistic. Expecting a surprise call from your lover is ok but, expecting him to take you to dinner can be not so cool. And, if you are expecting high things from your partner start surprising him/her so that he/she can get an idea on what exactly you are expecting.
• Talking about ex: What’s done is done and cannot be changed. Accept the fact that your ex is no more with you and don’t cry over it. Talking about your ex with your partner or comparing him/her with your ex can destroy a relationship. Try to get over with your ex and make time and way for your new love. If you are yet not over with your ex, then it might not be the good time to start a new relationship.
• Lying: Trust is an important factor in all kind of relationships. Where there is no trust, there is no relationship. Trust comes from speaking the truth and not keeping any dark secrets. You should not lie to your partner in any situation. Lying can totally ruin your relationship to such an extent that it can be resolved.
• Avoiding the signals: Sometimes you will start getting signals that the relationship won’t work but, you still try to work it out. No doubt, it is a good thing to do but, make sure what kind of signals you are ignoring. For example, your partner is not giving you enough time but, you are eliminating that by thinking that he is busy but, in reality he is not. In this type of situations, it is good to try to make things work but, remember up to what extent.
There are many relationship mistakes new couple makes but, we listed the most common of them. Do let us know if you know any of them or have experienced any.