Importance of Intimate Hygiene for Men
Intimate Hygiene is very important, not only for women but also for men. Women understand and take care of the intimate hygiene but one doesn’t give much importance to the intimate hygiene for men. Intimate hygiene is an essential part of maintaining overall body hygiene and perhaps more serious because if not maintained, it could have serious implications. Many serious and not so serious infections can ruin your overall health and also your sexual health, so make sure to keep your intimate hygiene on track. Intimate hygiene for men is not rocket science, if you do it on daily basis, it will become a part of your routine just like bathing, brushing and all. We will further discuss about importance of intimate hygiene for men and how to maintain intimate hygiene for men easily. We will also share few products which can help you.
Importance of Intimate Hygiene for Men
Good genital hygiene, or intimate hygiene for men is the first weapon to keep yourself sexually healthy and fit. Just imagine you are in bed with your partner to have some good time and your bad intimate hygiene is ruining it all with all those gruesome bumps, rashes, pimples, foul smell and itching….. Ohh!!! That’s a big NO, right?
Well, all you men out there have experienced all or may be a few symptoms of bad intimate hygiene. Foul smell in or around genital area, itching or burning, dirty looking pimples, rashes, bumps or any such kind of thing down there is the first alarm to infection. DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THESE LIGHTLY!!! Thus, it is important so as to prevent any kind of infections that may affect your overall health and sexual well-being. Cleaning intimate parts after first signs of infection become all the more important, because not doing so can lead to formation of bacterial, viral infections that may need antibiotics and a visit to a Doctor. These infections may become serious if not treated well on time.
Serious Medical conditions can occur in poor intimate hygiene for men are like – Fungal Groin Infection, herpes, UTI, Candidiasis, male thrush, Balantis, Posthitis, Balanoposthitis and many more
You must want to know, How should men maintain their intimate hygiene, let’s read further –
How to Maintain Intimate Hygiene for Men
Men rarely think about cleaning their genitals or maintaining Intimate Hygiene. But, just like women, men too need to clean their genitals thoroughly every day to stay safe and healthy. Some ways to maintain good intimate hygiene for men would include the following-
- First and foremost, keep those pubic hair trimmed or shave them. You may also opt for professional waxing. Less hair means less less odour causing bacteria and thus less odour and less infections.
- Make sure to clean your genital area nicely after trimming or shaving.
- While cleaning your penis, make sure to pull back the foreskin and wash both the glands and the inside of the foreskin thoroughly with soap and water everyday. You may use luke warm water and dip your penis for a while after pulling back the foreskin. Never ever use cotton, tissue paper or any old rag to clean, as they may leave tiny-miny shreds over the hood which might make you feel uncomfortable later on.
- Circumcised men should be even more careful as they lack the foreskin that protect the glands from sweat, dust and other substances that should not come in contact with the penis.
- Wash your penis everytime you pee, yes everytime. If it is not possible, use wet wipes to clean the last drops of urine that can easily infect your penis. If even that is not possible, wash it as soon as possible.
- You should try to keep your genital area as dry as possible. So even after a bath, do pat dry your genital area with clean towel. Use powder in the groin area to keep sweat away.
- If you sweat profusely, consider applying talcum powder meant for the special areas.
- Men often forget to clean their groin area. You must thoroughly clean your groins and keep them dry as well. Groins collect all the sweat and are easily infected which end up in rashes, burning and itching.
- The most important of all, everytime you have sexual intercourse, make sure you wash your penis thouroughly as soon as possible.
- Wear cotton underwears that aren’t too tight and do change them regularly.
Few products that help men keep their intimates clean and hygienic
Intimate hygiene products are an important part of the male grooming routine. Fortunately, there are a wide range of products that are now available that can provide the much needed care to your vital organs. Some of them are:
- Bond ginseng care men’s intimate wash – BUY from Amazon.com BUY from Amazon.in
- P- Wash
- Balla Powder for men – BUY from Amazon.com BUY from Amazon.in
- Clinique’s Post Shave Healer – BUY from Amazon.com BUY from Amazon.in
- Willy Brush – Gentleman’s Cleaning Brush
The best and safest option will always be warm water with antibacterial soap. But if you wish to use these other products, make sure you choose the right ones which do not have cheap irritants, harsh chemicals and detergents that can further increase irritation or cause other unbearable problems.
Now you have all the things and information to keep willy safe, healthy and away from all infections. So, keep a check on intimate hygiene for men and make it your daily routine. Do share your ways of How you maintain intimate hygiene for men and do let us know if our ways helped you out.
P.S– Incase of irritation, itching or burning sensation, consult a doctor ASAP.